Earlier today Dramatic Dream Team (DDTPro) announced the lineup for their annual round-robin tournament the D-Oh Grand Prix. For those unaware, this tournament is similar to NJPW’s G1 Climax or Stardom’s 5STAR Grand Prix. Let’s take a look at the name’s announced for the tournament
- Konosuke Takeshita (KO-D Openweight Champion, KO-D Six Man Tag Team Champion)
- HARASHIMA (DDT Extreme Champion)
- Daisuke Sasaki (KO-D Tag Team Champion)
- Tetsuya Endo
- Soma Takao (KO-D Tag Team Champion)
- Yukio Sakaguchi
- Yuki Ueno
- Naomi Yoshimura
- Yuki Ino (KO-D Six Man Tag Team Champion)
- Keisuke Ishii (Independent Junior Heavyweight Champion)
- Bull James
- Chris Brookes
- Masato Tanaka (Pro Wrestling Zero-1)
- Chihiro Hashimoto (Sendai Girls)
This tournament features an all star lineup of some of the best wrestlers in DDT with some surprising freelance additions like Hashimoto, who is no stranger to some of the D-Oh participant’s thanks to the fantastic ALL OUT vs Sendai Girls show from earlier this year.
While DDT may have grabbed casual eyes with the announced return of Kenny Omega it’s tournaments like this that could change fans’ perception of DDT.
Stay tuned to the Last Word on Pro Wrestling for more on this and other stories from around the world of wrestling, as they develop. You can always count on LWOPW to be on top of the major news in the wrestling world, as well as to provide you with analysis, previews, videos, interviews, and editorials on the wrestling world. You can see DDT as well as Tokyo Joshi Pro Wrestling, BASARA and more on DDT Universe.